Wednesday, May 05, 2010

A change of scenery

I've been a hobbyist slotter for many years now and because of my website, Slot Car News, I had the good fortune to be given the chance to work for Tecnitoys North America (SCX) as Marketing Manager for several years.

On Monday May 3, 2010 I started working for Carrera of America as the North American Marketing Manager. I was pleased to accept this newly created position for the company which is based in Cranbury, NJ.

Working for Carrera my duties will include being online to answer questions from racers on message boards and other social media. I will also be holding racing events around the US and Canada to help to get the word out about slots to the general public. I will be working on Carrera's US website to expand the exposure of the site and the site's value to the hobby.

The hobby of slot racing is not only a profession for me but a passion as well. Mixing working and hobby is sometimes difficult but it's meant a lot to me to be able to have some effect on the hobby that I love.

Carrera of America, with the largest line of US-specific slot car designs, is going to be more engaged than ever with the hobby market in the US and Canada.

Dave Kennedy
Publisher, Slot Car News


Personal note from Ed Gershowitz, President of Carrera of America:
I am pleased and excited to have Dave join the Carrera family. His knowledge and passion for slot car racing will be invaluable as Carrera continues to bring the best slot car designs to market. With Dave's help, I look forward to significantly growing Carrera's presence in the U.S. and Canadian hobby market as we look forward to another record year for our company.

No comments: