Carrera North American Championships 2014
The purpose of the race is to provide a fun and fair day of racing with an even playing field of cars and track conditions. Racing will be on a Carrera Digital slot car track with 3 Digital 132 slot cars at a time competing. Racing will be done in the “fuel off” mode so using pitlane to refuel will not be required. The drivers will be using wired slot car controllers for the events.
- August 1st - will be a full day of qualifying races. Racing will be held from 10am-4pm. The top 2 racers for the day will qualify for the North American Final Race to be held Oct. 10th at the Autorama event. ***To participate in the North American Final Race the top 2 winners must be return for the Final Race to be held during the Oct. 10th Autorama event.***
- Oct. 10th - will be 10am-3pm of qualifying races. The top 2 racers based on the quickest time over a set number of laps qualify for the North American Final Race to be held that same afternoon. Those 2 racers along with the 2 qualifying racers from the August 1st event will be combined for a total of 4 racers for the North American Championship Final Race.
***If no qualifiers from the August 1st event return for the Final Race Oct 10th, the top 4 fastest racers from the Oct. 10th qualifying races will be the racers that will compete in the final Championship Race on Oct. 10th .***
- Oct. 10th - The North American Final Race to be held at 4pm.
Racing format for the North American Final Race (Oct 10th) will be a lap race with the winner completing the total number of laps first. There will be 4 racers that afternoon that will compete in the Final Race.
The North American Race Champion qualifies for the World Championship Final race and will be flown at the expense of Carrera to the World Championship Final race in 2015, site of the race TBA (the previous race during 2012 was held in Germany at the Nurburgring).
Races will be held using the following guidelines:
• Carrera will provide the track and cars to race.
• Drivers will not be able to race their own cars (or controllers) and only spec cars provided by Carrera will be allowed.
• Drivers will be racing on the track on a first-come-first-racing basis.
• The track used for the events will be the GearZ studio Carrera Digital slot track.
• Qualifying races will be timed races with the fastest time of the day winning the race.
• Fastest time over a set number of laps to determine the race winner. *Number of laps TBA the day of the race.
• In the unlikely event of a tie from the qualifying races for the day of racing, a race-off will be held between the racers.
• The Final Race Oct. 10th will be a lap race with the winner being determined by the first car to complete the total number of laps. (Number of laps TBA)
• All the digital settings for the cars will be set by the officials in order to make racing as even as possible.
• Racing will be done 3 cars at a time during the timed qualifying races.
• Racers will be allowed warm up laps to get familiar with the performance of the cars.
• All decisions by race officials are final.
Sportsmanship- racing digital slot cars requires a level of sportsmanship that means that drivers don’t intentionally try to push off other drivers in order to gain track position. If in the opinion of race officials a driver is trying to make contact and push off another driver in order to gain position in a way that’s not in the spirit of good sportsmanship that driver will be asked to stop racing.
More information on the event can be found here: