Quick Slicks Announces New Compound
Quick Slicks is expanding their high-performance silicone tire line-up with a second compound. Initially introduced in a soft compound, Quick Slicks are now available in an "Extra-Firm" compound. By offering multiple compounds, Quick Slicks will give racers more options when selecting a tire compound to match their racing surface, track layout, chassis setup, race strategy and driving style. The new Quick Slicks compound has undergone extensive development and testing in conjunction with several 1/32 slot car world and national champions and world record holders. Additional compounds are planned for the future.
If you are a retail hobby store or raceway and would like to carry Quick Slicks, we offer an attractive Authorized Dealer program. Please note we will not undersell our Dealers. Contact us at QuickSlicks2014[at]gmail.com (replace the "[at]" with "@") for more information.
Quick Slicks Features
- Made in U.S.A. using high-precision CNC machined molds.
- Currently available in two (2) state-of-the-art silicone compounds – “Soft” and “Extra-Firm”.
- Available to fit many popular 1:32 Euro-Style aluminum and magnesium “set screw” wheels from a wide variety of manufacturers including C.B. Design, NSR, Slot.it and Sloting+. Initially Quick SlicksTM are available in 27 sizes with more planned for the near future.
- Quick SlicksTM provide excellent grip on all racing surfaces – plastic or wood (painted). The cleaner the racing surface, the better the grip.
- Slip-on or Glue/true – the choice is yours. If you’re a casual racer, gluing is not required - you can simply slip-on a pair of Quick SlicksTM and start racing. If you are a more serious racer and prefer to “glue and true” your tires for maximum performance, Quick SlicksTM work very well with a silicone adhesive such as Permatex Ultra Black.
- If you do decide to go the (optional) glue/true route, the Quick Slicks “Soft” compound requires less effort to do so than other silicone tires. Same goes for (optionally) adjusting the profile where the sidewall and contact patch meet.
- Rounded outer sidewalls on all Quick SlicksTM give them a realistic appearance like real tires. The rounded outer sidewalls appear realistic regardless of a given tire’s outer diameter (o.d.) – no unrealistic, bulging sidewalls.
- Quick SlicksTM designed for a specific wheel are the same width regardless of outer diameter – an important consideration when rules require tires to fit under the car body and you want to experiment with different tire diameters.
- Quick SlicksTM are affordable. In fact, they typically cost $1.00 - $2.00 per pair less than other 1:32 silicone tires (our 1:24 tires are up to $4.00 per pair less). This is often an important consideration whether you race alone or participate in club/organized racing.
- We offer an exclusive Quick SlicksTM Tire Selector to assist you to identify which Quick SlicksTM fit a given manufacturer/model wheel. Still not sure which Quick SlicksTM you need for a particular application? Give us a call (or drop us an email) and we’ll do our best to assist you.