The United States Slot Car Association 'Scale Racing Series' has announced their 2017-2018 schedule of races and rules changes.
A summary of the 2018 rules changes are:
- GTP will be eliminated. The series will only run 4 classes: JK Indy, 4.5” NASCAR, Retro & Production (Formerly 4” NASCAR/GT-1).
- A JK Spec Indy car class has been added.
- 4” NASCAR & GT-1 have been combined and renamed. The new class will be called “Production.”
- The Production class will have a mandatory 11 tooth pinion.
- For the Production class, a list of bodies to be used has been added. They are a closed cockpit, sedan/production style body. Body manufacturers include Parma, JK, Outisight & Red Fox.
- All Retro bodies must be .010” thick including the sides.
- Any car crossing the lap counter will be either credited with its lap or the car will be placed behind the lap counter.
- In the 4.5” NASCAR Class & JK Indy: The front tires and axle must remain on the car for the ENTIRE RACE!
- In Production, all chassis clearance will be at .050” and must be a maximum width of 83mm.
- For Production chassis, the chassis must retail for under $30. The chassis may be laser, EDM, Water Jet or mill or die cut. All chassis will consist of one solid “STEEL” center section & a maximum of 2 separate pans that may be made of aluminum.
- In JK Indy and Production, Hawk Motors must not have been opened or tampered with in any way.
Updated rules are now posted on the www.ussca.us website.
The 2018 Schedule is:
1/20/2018 - Speedville, Bartonville, IL (all races on Grandstand track)
2/24/2018 - Mid-America Raceway, Bloomington, IL (JK Spec Indy & Production on the Midwest Monster, 4.5" NASCAR & Retro Can-Am on the Hillclimb)
3/17/2018 - WISCRS, Gladstone, IL (all races on the Grandstand)
4/14/2018 - Pro Slot Raceway, Hartford, MI (all races on the Paperclip)
9/22/2018 - At The Track Raceway, South Bend, IN (all races on the Hillclimb)
10/22/2018 - Chicagoland Raceway, Westmont, IL (4.5" NASCAR & Retro Can-Am on the King, JK Spec Indy & Production on the Fiedler Flat Track)
11/3/2018 - Thazer Raceway, South Bend, IN (all races on the Hillclimb)
USSCA memberships are now available $5 yearly includes a custom lane marker card and a box plaque. USSCA members are entitled to raceway 'bucks' payouts at races that they enter.
USSCA Web Site
USSCA on Facebook