Thursday, February 08, 2007
Unofficial Tuesday times from Jerez:
1. Pedro de la Rosa, McLaren, 1:19.998
2. Alexander Wurz, Williams, 1:20.018
3. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 1:20.148
4. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 1:20.222
5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:20.225
6. Ralf Schumacher, Toyota, 1:20.254
7. Jenson Button, Honda, 1:20.362
8. Franck Montagny, Toyota, 1:20.409
9. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 1:20.523
10. Luca Badoer, Ferrari, 1:20.662
11. Sebastian Vettel, BMW Sauber, 1:20.690
12. David Coulthard, Red Bull, 1’21.023
13. Nelson Piquet Jr, Renault, 1:21.261
14. Ricardo Zonta, Renault, 1:21.393
15. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:21.530
16. Christian Klien, Honda, 1:22.078
6th February - 8th February 2007
Day one - Tuesday
Weather conditions: Mostly cloudy but dry
Temperatures: Air: 9/18°C, Track: 9/26°C
Number of cars participating: 16
Fastest lap overall: 1:19.943 min, Luca Badoer, Ferrari
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.07-01 / BMW P86/7 V8
Test kilometres today: 226 km (51 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:20.148 min (lap 40)
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.07-02 / BMW P86/7 V8
Test kilometres today: 213 km (48 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:20.690 min (lap 43)
Sebastian started the day doing a baseline set-up. He made several starts and an aerodynamic comparison. Robert also did some aero evaluations. He then began working on the set-up and was able to make considerable progress. Both drivers lost time due to hydraulic problems.
Jenson Button began the test programme for the RA107 this morning, spending his early laps finding a good balance on the new car, which is running at the Jerez circuit for the first time. Jenson then concentrated on tyre and aero evaluations over the course of the day, completing a total of 99 laps.
In the RA106, Christian Klien had a quieter day as the testing schedule for the car reaches its conclusion. Christian completed some electronics controls work and race start simulations, covering 33 laps.
Jenson will continue his programme in the RA107 tomorrow, with IndyCar Series driver Marco Andretti joining the team for the first of his two days of running in the RA106.
Photo used with permission from (c)GEPA Pictures/Red Bull Photofiles, no reuse for any reason.