Sunday, November 05, 2006

Dr. V's Slot-Car Salon: Scalextric Ford GT40

When I was a kid, I used to read my old man's Road & Track magazines. I remember my favourite repeating column being the Salon. Basically, it was a really nice photo spread of some very cool car. So, In that spirit, I bring you the Slot Car News Salon: the most recent acquisition to the 1/32 scale garages of DrVanski Racing:


The Ford GT40s came with my very first set. Any slot car in a Gulf livery is like a proverbial "puppy in the window" so I simply can't resist. The #11 car I picked up from FanatasyWorldHobbies. The #1 car was a good score used in Slot Car Illustrated's Buy and Sell area.


These are great looking cars and were my introduction to slots so what's not to like.? Granted: I have yet to set one up for non-mag running. Any pointers in that regard?

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger PeteN95 said...

Nice cars, Doc, and nice pics too. They run quite well sans mags, with just a few grams (4-5) of lead wedged in near the driver's feet. Although this may take some trimming in the footbox area. Also the Mk II should have a single large velocity stack, not the webers in the engine detail.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger dr vanski said...

Thanks for the compliment Pete. I'll give your technique a shot...once I get my proxy cars out the door and the GPR up and running!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



Bravenet SiteRing The German SlotCar SiteRing

This site owned by
Slot Car News
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com

web statistics
View My Stats