Friday, June 01, 2007

Need scenery? Consider diecasts...Vespa!


No...seriously..ok, ok no I haven't gone off the deep end. Are you making an urban themed slot track? Well something to look into are those little diecast Vespas on sale on eBay or if you're lucky, in your local hobby shop. These Newray 1/32 scooters were found for me on eBay by slotbrother Frank (fgf60 on the message boards), and I have to say I'm very grateful he split the lot of them with me. I've been looking for these for a while now, my track has a San Francisco theme and if you've ever been to the city by the bay you know that these (the real ones mind you) are everywhere!

The Newray's are nice little models, the personality of the vintage one comes through and the modern designs still show all the character these scooters are known for. The paint is nice and there is even some very finely done detail that, frankly, I wasn't expecting to find in a $3.00-or-so diecast Vespa.




DK

3 comments:

Sinclair Z. said...

Ok, these are totally sweet... but where are the 1:32 scale hipster chicks and emo boys to ride them? :)

DaveKennedy said...

One thing at a time Marcus....Vespas today...chicks tomorrow!

DK

Steffer said...

There were also a lot of different Ducati's in 1:32 scale. I have both Vespa's and Duc's as scenery on my track....