Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Jel Claws tires-Fly Carrera 6


For some time now I've looked at the Fly Porsche Carrera 6 sitting on the shelf because I had a problem on my hands. I love the wheels that come on the car, but the tires just don't stick on any surface that I usually race on. So I've waiting, and waited. When a shipment of Jel Claws tires showed up a while ago there were some tires in the package that were replacements for the Carrera Ferrari 512BBLM (part #ST-1050-C). I thought they looked like they might be good tires to try on a few cars. I slipped them onto the Fly Carrera 6 and there it was.... A DIRECT SWAP! The tires fit perfectly, and better yet they looked good!

So it was with a great deal of excitement that I put the car on Rob Livingston's East New York Raceway and did some laps. Well it was a great day indeed. Not only did the tires grip perfectly but the car was really fast. These tires transformed a car that had been sort of a disappointment to a car that's now at the top of the "to race" list!

I'm a big believer in getting the right tires on the right car for a track. There are no perfect tires for every track or a perfect tire for every car. The bottom line is that these tires on this car work as well as you could ever want them to.

Jel Claws on the Fly Carrera 6


For those that would like to check out these tires for themselves you can buy them in the Jel Claws ebay store.
Thanks to Jel Claws for sending these tires to us for testing.

DaveK

1 comment:

DaveKennedy said...

Ya know Pete, I have to check myself now. I think you may be correct on that one. My 512BBLM has BWA wheels on it now, I still have the old wheels somewhere, I think I'll have to find them when I get home tonight.